English: Mineral Pitch
Common names: Shilajit, Shilajeet
Shilajit or Asphaltum is used in the traditional Indian system of medicine Ayurveda as an adaptogen. It contains at least 85 minerals in Ionic form as well as humic acid and fulvic acid.
Shilajit or also spelt Shilajeet are also known by other names like Shilajita Mumiyo; Mineral pitch, Mineral wax or Ozokerite; Black Asphaltum; and Asphaltum punjabianum.
The Sanskrit meaning of the word is: "conqueror of mountains and destroyer of weakness."
It has been reported that Shilajit is the most powerful anti - aging substance and rejuvenator ever known to mankind. Feel the Power of Growing Young.
Shilajit helps with:
- increase in the core energy for sexual and spiritual power, hence commonly refered to as Indian Viagra.
- acceleration of protein and nuclei acid metabolism.
- regulating the blood sugar levels.
- counteracting diabetes.
- improving the function of the pancreas and strenghtening digestion
- purifying of the blood.
- promotes the distribution of minerals into the bone and muscles.
- it improves restoration after excercise
- stimulates the immune system.
- also used as a counteract against fatigue.
General Information and Origin
Shilajit has been used for centuries by Ancient Indian yogis, and practitioners of Aurvedic medicine. The natural habitat is in the Himalayan ranges. Shilajit is collected during the hot summer months when the ice has melted. It is available in the form of capsules on the market.
Shilajit means: "Rock-like" in Sanskrit - giving the indication that it will maker our bodies like a rock to withstand the ravages of aging.